The Center for Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS) is an integral unit of the Modern College of Business and Science, focused at providing strategic long-term and short professional development programs for corporate client as well as for public. The center has seven fulltime employees and has the access to the network of another 110 full-time faculty and trainers with Modern College of Business and Science in fields of Business studies such as management, finance, marketing, HR, health and safety, logistics and transport, aviation, IT and transferable skills and 21st. century Skills (including Assessment). The center is located at Modern College of Business and Science in Bowsher, and uses one entire wing in the building, designed specially to accommodate adult learners such as employees and post graduate students.
|120 Hours – 8 Weeks
|Language of Delivery
|Proposed course delivery dynamics
|Length: 120 Hours – 8 Weeks
Frequency: 3 hrs. a day from Sunday to Thursday.
Timing: From 6PM- 9PM
|The course provides the graduate employees employed in functional areas other than finance, such as sales, marketing, human resource, research and development, production, procurement, an extensive knowledge of financial decision-making involving cost-savings, budgeting, new projects decisions, fund-raising, growth strategies and so on. The course also covers the analysis of financial statements
|By the end of this course, participants will:
- understand and analyze the financial statements of a firm from decision making point of view.
- understand the application of time value of money in financial decisions.
- make short-term financial decisions
- working capital management
- Cost-volume profit analysis, pricing decisions.
- prepare operational and financial budget and flexible budget
- understand the application of various capital budgeting techniques.
- practice the working capital management decisions
A Certificate of completion will be issued upon finishing the course. In case a participant needs the certificate to be endorsed by the Ministry of Manpower, extra time is needed to get it stamped. Additional charges maybe applicable.
|Details of the text and resources planned to use
|Participants will get hard copies of the PowerPoint slides used for the course session. In addition, supplementary materials will be provided. These will mainly consist of research articles published in the relevant fields.
|Understanding Financial Accounting – Basics
Understanding financial statements
- Income statement
- Balance sheet
- Cash flow statement
- Financial statement analysis using Ratios
|Analysis of Financial Statements
- Comparative and Common Size financial statements analysis.
- Ratio Analysis
|Working capital management – A Case study Analysis approach
- What is working capital?
- Kinds of working capital
- Operating cycle and components of working capital
- Working capital management and decision-making.
- Cost management terms
- Cost-Volume-Profit analysis
- Other short-term business decisions
- Make or buy
- Shut down or continue
- Sell or process further
- Special orders
- Budgeting and Budgetary control process
|· Budgetary Control
- Flexible Budgeting
- Variance analysis
|Time Value of Money
- Present value and future value calculations
- Investment Appraisal | NPV | IRR | Payback Period
|Investment Appraisal—- Continued